With Autumn upon us here at City Rental Services, this week our rented property blog in Bristol is all about general maintenance.
Bristol Landlords – a few tips for checking your properties before Winter really sets in.
Our top tips for you are:
- Clear all guttering and pipes of debris, leaves and rubbish
- Ensure that all pipework is ready for Winter and won’t freeze – this includes checking the condensate pipes, overflows. and gutters for leaks
- Remove rubbish from gardens and front of house areas
- Get the central heating system serviced and make sure your gas safety is up to date
- Check for any issues in student houses over Christmas holiday period when the house may be empty.
- Check for condensation and demould, then advise tenants how to minimise condensation and to ventilate the property
- Regularly put on heating in all properties during Autumn and Winter months during any absences
If you’re looking for advice on how to manage and maintain a property portfolio in Bristol, call into 58 Gloucester Road to see us – as an independent letting agency in Bristol, we’re here to help.