After Christmas, one of the considerations we come across as a central Bristol lettings agency is making sure that all rubbish is cleared from rented accommodation – and advising our tenants and landlords on best-practice for achieving this.
Here are our tip tips for clearing Christmas rubbish, plus a few other considerations for rented properties in January:
- Turkey remains – ensure you don’t attract rats by properly disposing of all food waste. Find out more here.
- Recycling – remember to recycle your bottles, cardboard and plastics. Find out more here.
- Refresh your property – talk to your landlord about redecorating your rented property, sprucing the place up, new curtains and fittings.
- If you’ve been given a pet for Christmas, you may need to pay a larger deposit on your rented property.
- For advice on pets and domestic animals, check out the Dogs Trust or Holly Hedge if you’re considering re-homing a rescue pet.
- See if your letting agency is a member of the Lets With Pets scheme across Bristol.
In our experience, good tenants may well have pets, so although some letting agencies have a Zero Tolerance approach, our outlook is different.
Only this week we met Ed a rescue dog who at 12 weeks was already proving to be a great little dog, house trained and a great addition to the household.
If you’d like to find out more about our central Bristol lettings agency, please feel free to get in touch here.